Much of my grant writing life is about deadlines, deadlines an more deadlines! Throw some unexpected glitches in the mix and my stress level goes up a few notches in my quest to identify and secure funding for clients. What I have learned and consistently put into practice is the art of grant planning. It relieves some of the stress and also position you to produce better proposals.
Some strategies to assist you with grant planning:
- Talk to everyone in your organization who is involved in development and fundraising and determine your organization’s needs.
- Work collaboratively to create a plan that includes multiple sources of revenue.
- “Determine which of the needs can best be met through grants” (Charity Channel).
- Always create a grants calendar that include funder name; contact information; type of grant; amount requested; proposal due date; date request sent; and result (Charity Channel).
- Conduct prospect research based on…
View original post 120 more words